- How To Cook
- 1 package Shady Brook Farms® 97-99% Fat Free Ground Turkey Breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 medium celery stalk, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1, 28-ounce can tomatoes in tomato puree, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 medium zucchini, about 7 ounces each, ends trimmed
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add carrot, celery, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, about 3 minutes.
2. Add ground turkey and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, cook to 165°F using a meat thermometer, about 4 minutes.
3. Transfer the mixture to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add the tomatoes with their puree, 1/3 cup water, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, crushed red pepper and bay leaf. Stir well. Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
4. Using a spiral cutter, mandoline or large holes on a box grater, cut zucchini into long thin noodles; stop grating when you reach the seedy center.
5. Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a very large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and cook, tossing often with two spoons, just until the zucchini is heated through and beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Do not overcook. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
6. Transfer zucchini to bowls. Top each with sauce and serve with Parmesan cheese.
|Serving Size||About 1 1/2 cups zucchini and 1 1/4 cups sauce|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||100|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11 g||17 %|
|Saturated fat 2.5 g||13 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 80 mg||27 %|
|Sodium 700 mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 21 g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 13 g|
|Protein 37 g|
Vitamin A 90%
Vitamin C 90%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|