- How To Cook
- 1 lb. leftover Shady Brook Farms® whole turkey, shredded
- Or, Shady Brook Farms® Boneless Turkey Roast with Gravy (white and dark meat) substituted for leftover whole turkey.
- 1 lb. Shady Brook Farms® Mild Italian Sausage Roll
- 1 cup Ditalini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 (16 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (16 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parmesan (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to instructions on box. Set aside until ready to serve. (Do not add to soup while cooking as it will absorb the stock and expand.)
2. Place olive oil in large stock pot. Cook turkey and sausage until brown and internal temperature is 165°F. Do not drain any of the fat. Remove the turkey and sausage and set aside.
3. In the same stock pot, add the garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Cook until softened. Add the turkey and sausage back into the pot and stir.
4. Add the chicken stock, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, basil, oregano, thyme and salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, add the beans and cook an additional 10 minutes.
6. Prior to serving, add the pasta. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan.
|Serving Size||about 2 cups (salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese not included in analysis)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10 g||13 %|
|Saturated fat 2.5 g||13 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 80 mg||27 %|
|Sodium 1260 mg||55 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 44 g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7 g||25 %|
|Sugars 9 g|
|Protein 35 g|
Vitamin D 0%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|