- How To Cook
- 1 pound Shady Brook Farms® Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
1. In a large sauté pan, brown turkey sausage over medium-high heat until no pink remains.
2. Add butter to the pan and melt.
3. Add diced onion and sauté until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté 30-45 seconds. Do not brown garlic.
4. Stir in flour. Reduce heat to medium and cook the roux for 4-5 minutes.
5. Using a wire whisk, slowly stir in milk, half and half, kosher salt and black pepper.
6. Stir constantly until gravy has thickened.
7. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from heat. Add Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco to taste. Adjust seasoning.
9. Serve over hot thyme buttermilk biscuits.
|Serving Size||About 1/2 cup|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||130|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14 g||22 %|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 50 mg||17 %|
|Sodium 380 mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 9 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 8 g|
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 2%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|