- How To Cook
- 1 lb Shady Brook Farms® 93% Ground Turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can whole corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about the juice of 1 lime)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (optional)
- Optional toppings: tortilla strips and shredded cheese
- Images & recipe courtesy of Isabel Eats
1. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add ground turkey and 1 teaspoon salt. Mix together and break up the meat using a spatula. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the meat has browned and fully cooked through.
3. Transfer cooked ground turkey and onions to a large slow cooker. Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans, corn, the remaining 1 tablespoon salt, chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika and dried oregano.
4. Mix together until fully combined. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. The longer it cooks, the thicker and more concentrated the flavor of the broth will be.
5. Mix in lime juice, cilantro (if desired) and cream cheese (if you want the soup a little creamy).
6. Serve and top with tortilla strips and shredded cheese.