- How To Cook
- 1 package (1.25 lbs) Shady Brook Farms® Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage Links
- Or, 1 package Shady Brook Farms® Mild Italian Turkey sausage roll or 1 package Shady Brook Farms® Turkey Breakfast Sausage roll
- Reserved juices from turkey
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until evenly browned.
2. Pour turkey juices into a saucepan.
3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons chicken broth; mix until there are no lumps.
4. Pour remaining chicken broth into the saucepan. Heat chicken broth and turkey juices to a simmer. Add cornstarch mixture to the saucepan, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add browned sausage to the gravy.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
|Serving Size||about 1/2 cup (salt and pepper not included in analysis)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7 g||9 %|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 45 mg||15 %|
|Sodium 500 mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 4 g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 14 g|
Vitamin D 0%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|