- How To Cook
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Truvia® Baking Blend or sugar
- 1/3 cup all-vegetable shortening
- 3 to 5 tablespoons warm water
- ¼ cup homemade or store bought fig or apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe figs, stemmed and sliced lengthwise
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- CHANTILLY CREAM
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fine granulated sugar
1. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Add the shortening and combine until you have the consistency of small crumbs.
2. Place dough on a lightly floured parchment sheet, roll out the pastry to a 12 x 14-inch circle and transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F.
4. Spread preserves on the rolled out dough, leaving a 2-inch border along the edges.
5. Decoratively arrange the fig slices on top, again leaving a 2-inch border. Fold the pastry edge up and over the figs.
6. Brush evaporated milk onto crust.
7. Drizzle honey and sprinkle cinnamon over figs. Dust raw sugar over dough and figs.
8. Bake galette for 40 to 45 minutes, until the pastry is nicely browned and crisp, and all of the fruit is tender. Serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of Chantilly cream.
1. Put cream, vanilla, and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks begin to form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Featured Recipe from Muy Bueno Cookbook
|Serving Size||1/8 of galette|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||180|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 21 g||32 %|
|Saturated fat 9 g||45 %|
|Trans fat 1.5 g|
|Cholesterol 45 mg||15 %|
|Sodium 105 mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 46 g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 30 g|
|Protein 3 g|
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 4%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|