- How To Cook
- Brussel Sprouts:
- 8 cups brussel sprouts, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon, sliced into inch-long chunks
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Images & recipe courtesy of Fit Foodie Finds
1. First, preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Next, prepare brussel sprouts by washing them to remove any excess dirt. Then, pat dry.
3. Slice the ends off of each brussel sprout and then cut them in half, hot dog wise.
4. Place them onto a large baking sheet.
5. Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
6. Toss, so that the brussel sprouts are evenly coated.
7. Roast brussels sprouts at 400ºF for 15 minutes. Then, remove and toss.
8. Roast for another 10-15 minutes or until the outsides begin to brown.
9. While the brussel sprouts are roasting, prepare bacon.
10. Begin by slicing 1 lb. of bacon into 1-inch chunks. Using a pair of scissors works really well for this.
11. Then, place the bacon into a large pan and heat over medium/high heat.
12. Cook bacon for around 8-10 minutes, or until it is fully cooked, but not crunchy.
13. Immediately drain excess grease from the bacon and then add maple syrup and mix to combine.
14. Once the brussel sprouts are done roasting, remove from oven. Add bacon to brussel sprouts and toss.