- How To Cook
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced natural or blanched almonds
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained in a fine sieve
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- 1 (1.2-pound) package Shady Brook Farms® 93% Fat Free Ground Turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, preferably Aleppo pepper
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 dozen dinner rolls, split
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Cilantro sprigs
1. Process mint, cilantro, almonds and jalapeño in a food processor until very finely chopped, scraping the bowl as needed.
2. With the machine running, gradually pour oil through the feed tube, followed by 1/3 cup water and lime juice. Process until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the salt. Set aside.
3. Bring quinoa, 3/4 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook until quinoa is tender and has absorbed liquid, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely.
4. Pulse quinoa and green onions in food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
5. Combine quinoa mixture with turkey, cumin, allspice, red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon kosher salt; mix well. Using wet hands, shape into 12 small patties, each about 3 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick.
6. Heat a large griddle or two medium nonstick skillets over medium heat. Spray with cooking oil. Add the patties and cook, turning halfway through cooking, until golden brown and firm when pressed, about 8 minutes.
7. For each slider, put a patty in a roll and top with red onions, cilantro and a spoonful of the sauce.
|Serving Size||2 to 3 sliders|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||240|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 26 g||40 %|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 80 mg||27 %|
|Sodium 560 mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 46 g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||16 %|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Protein 32 g|
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 15%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|