- How To Cook
- 1 package (about 2 pounds) Shady Brook Farms® Turkey Thighs
- Or, 1 package Shady Brook Farms® Turkey Drumsticks
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 10 oz. green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup jarred cole slaw dressing
- Pickle slices
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
1. In a medium-size slow cooker, combine turkey, barbecue sauce and onion.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH about 4 hours or until turkey is tender.
3. While turkey is cooking, prepare slaw by combining the shredded cabbage, carrots, dressing. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Remove turkey from slow cooker.
5. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and shred. Discard skin and bones.
6. Return meat to slow cooker; stir to combine with sauce.
7. Season with Tabasco sauce. (optional)
8. To serve – place 3 to 4 pickle slices on the bottom bun, followed by the slaw. Top with shredded BBQ turkey and top bun.
|Serving Size||1/2 sandwich (turkey skin not included in analysis)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 17 g||21 %|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 90 mg||30 %|
|Sodium 692 mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 31 g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||4 %|
|Sugars 17 g|
|Protein 21 g|
Vitamin D 0%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|