- How To Cook
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (or your favorite cooking oil)
- 2-2.5 lb Shady Brook Farms® turkey breast
- Or, 2 packages Shady Brook Farms® ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced onion (use frozen for faster prep)
- 1-2 packets taco seasoning or 4-5 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning (to your taste)
- 2 15oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can canned corn
- 1 4.5oz can minced green chilies
- 19oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup 10-minute rice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese or cheddar cheese
1. Heat a saucepan with the avocado oil over medium high heat. Cut the turkey breast into small pieces and saute until cooked through. Midway through cooking, add the chopped onion. When the turkey is cooked, add the taco seasoning.
2. Add the black beans, salsa, corn, green chilies, enchilada sauce, and rice. Stir well.
3. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring every few minutes, until the rice is cooked through. Be careful not to let the bottom scorch. If the casserole begins sticking, reduce the heat further.
4. When the rice is cooked through, remove from the heat and let sit for about 5 minutes.
5. Serve over tortilla shells and top with desired toppings.
|Serving Size||About 1 1/2 cups|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7 g||9 %|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 75 mg||25 %|
|Sodium 1270 mg||55 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 37 g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||7 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 35 g|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|