- How To Cook
- Mediterranean Style Meatballs
- 1 package Shady Brook Farms® ground turkey, about 1 lb
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion, grated or minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint or parsley OR 1 tablespoon dried mint or parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Lemon Pasta
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- Salt & Pepper
- Images & recipe courtesy of Shared Appetite
Mediterranean Style Meatballs
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine all ingredients gently in a medium mixing bowl. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop meatballs into a ball shape and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
2. Cook using one of the methods below:
Pan Fry + Bake – Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Pan fry meatballs until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer back to the parchment lined cookie sheet. Finish cooking meatballs in the oven until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F using a meat thermometer, about 25 minutes.
Bake – place meatballs in the oven and bake until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F using a meat thermometer, about 35 minutes.
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, generously seasoned with salt, until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, shredded parm, and lemon juice in a separate bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
4. Toss pasta with lemon sauce mixture and ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water. Add additional pasta water if needed to moisten.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve meatballs on top of lemon pasta and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.