- How To Cook
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese, at room temperature
- 12 ounces Shady Brook Farms® Breakfast Turkey Sausage, from roll
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 24 large button mushrooms, stemmed and wiped clean
- Minced parsley, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the two cheeses.
3. Cook sausage and garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until cooked through and brown, breaking up and crumbling the sausage as it cooks.
4. Transfer the sausage to the mixing bowl. Mix the cheeses and sausage until well combined and season with black pepper.
5. Fill each mushroom with the cheese and sausage pressing the filling in but leaving a pile of filling on top. Arrange mushrooms filling side up on the baking sheet.
6. Bake uncovered until mushrooms are tender and tops are brown and crusty, about 30 minutes. Let cool at least 5 minutes and garnish with parsley if desired.
|Serving Size||2 mushrooms|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||60|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7 g||11 %|
|Saturated fat 3.5 g||18 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 30 mg||10 %|
|Sodium 220 mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 3 g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 7 g|
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 2%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|