- How To Cook
- 1 Shady Brook Farms® Breast Roast with Gravy
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup green onions, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place the turkey breast on a rack in a roasting pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, salt, lemon zest, onion powder and lemon juice. Spread the paste evenly on the turkey.
3. Roast the turkey according to package instructions, until the skin is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers 165° F when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
4. Allow the turkey to rest at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
5. Place quinoa in a fine mesh sieve. Rinse thoroughly under cold water.
6. Add quinoa to a medium saucepan; add a pinch of salt and the water. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook until water is completely absorbed, about 20 minutes.
7. Transfer quinoa to a medium bowl along with chickpeas, lemon zest, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, green onions, lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Serve slices of turkey over a bed of the quinoa.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||90|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10 g||15 %|
|Saturated fat 1.5 g||8 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 60 mg||20 %|
|Sodium 540 mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 25 g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 28 g|
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 25%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|