- How To Cook
- 1 package Shady Brook Farms® ground turkey, about 1 lb
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cups of water or chicken broth
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, cilantro, avocado
- Images & recipe courtesy of Little Eats & Things
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add Shady Brook Farms® Ground Turkey and onion to the pot and cook until meat is brown and 165ºF using a meat thermometer and onions are soft.
2. Stir in stewed tomatoes, corn, diced tomatoes/green chilies, kidney beans, black beans, water (or broth) and taco seasoning. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
3. Continue to simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
|Serving Size||1/8 of soup|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9 g||12 %|
|Saturated fat 2 g||11 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 40 mg||13 %|
|Sodium 810 mg||35 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 31 g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10 g||35 %|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 19 g|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|