- How To Cook
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped English (seedless) cucumber, divided
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 package Shady Brook Farms® 97% Fat Free Ground White Turkey
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium pita breads with pockets, cut into halves
- Olive oil for brushing
1. In a food processor combine the garlic, 2 cups of cucumber, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper, and process until smooth. Mix in the remaining cucumber. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Preheat grill for indirect heat at medium temperature, about 400° F.
3. In a large bowl combine turkey, bell pepper, parsley, breadcrumbs, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, cumin, cinnamon and pepper.
4. Fill pita halves with equal amounts of turkey mixture, pressing pita gently so filling is about 1/2 inch thick. Lightly brush the pita on both sides with oil.
5. Grill with indirect heat, turning once, until filling feels firm when pita is pressed, about 15 minutes. Remove from grill and let stand 3 minutes.
6. Cut each pita in half crosswise and serve with sauce for dipping.
|Serving Size||1 pita sandwich|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||290|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 32 g||49 %|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 80 mg||27 %|
|Sodium 980 mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 41 g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Protein 41 g|
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 60%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|