- How To Cook
- 1 package Shady Brook Farms® ground turkey, about 1 lb
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese
- Optional toppings: guacamole, sour cream, salsa
- Recipe courtesy of Little Eats & Things
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add Shady Brook Farms® Ground Turkey and onion to the pot and cook until meat is brown and 165ºF using a meat thermometer and onions are soft.
3. Stir in stewed tomatoes, corn, diced tomatoes/green chilies, kidney beans, black beans, and taco seasoning. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
4. Continue to simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Line a baking sheet with foil and spread chips on top. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the chips, followed by the ground turkey mixture.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until cheese is good and melty.
8. Serve warm and top with guacamole, sour cream or salsa, if desired. Enjoy!