- How To Cook
- 1 package (1.25 pounds) Shady Brook Farms® 85/15 Ground Turkey
- Or, 1 package (20 oz.) Shady Brook Farms® Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage (casings removed) or 1 package (1 lb.) ground Shady Brook Farms® Mild Italian turkey sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes or 1 (24 oz.) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lb spaghetti pasta, cooked to package directions
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onions, celery and carrots; cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Transfer to medium-size slow cooker.
4. In the same skillet, crumble turkey and cook through until brown.
5. Transfer to slow cooker.
6. Pour wine into skillet; simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup.
7. Add wine, chicken broth, tomatoes and Italian Seasoning to slow cooker; season with salt and pepper.
8. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.
9. Serve with your cooked spaghetti pasta.
|Serving Size||About 1 cup (salt & pepper not included in analysis)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 17 g||22 %|
|Saturated fat 4.5 g||23 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 85 mg||28 %|
|Sodium 390 mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 16 g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||14 %|
|Sugars 9 g|
|Protein 21 g|
Vitamin D 0%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|