- How To Cook
- 1 Shady Brook Farms® Southwest-Style Chipotle Ranchero Turkey Skillet Kit
- 12 ounces rotini pasta (or use gluten-free noodles)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans (black beans would work well, too)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Juice of one fresh lime
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Colby Jack shredded cheese
- Images & Recipe courtesy of Heartbeet Kitchen
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Take a large bowl and place it underneath your colander when you drain the pasta. You are going to save 1 cup of the pasta water. This is important because it has starch in it and will help the sauce thicken.
2. In a large skillet pan, with deep sides, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add turkey cutlets. Cook for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and let rest for a few minutes until slicing into thin strips.
3. Add pasta to skillet, then turkey, beans, skillet packet, salsa, and sour cream. Stir to fully combine. Add 3/4 cup pasta water, and cook on low heat, stirring. Add up to 1/4 cup more pasta water if you’d like to make even creamier. Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
4. Add cheese and cover, cooking until all melted. Then serve with additional cilantro if you’d like!