- How To Cook
- Tip: For easier prep, start with Shady Brook Farms® Cheese Stuffed Italian Turkey Meatballs
- Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb Shady Brook Farms® 85% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal® kosher salt
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2” x 1/2” cubes
- Rustic Tomato Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1, 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Shredded parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Stir breadcrumbs and milk together in a large bowl and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the egg, cheese, parsley, oregano, and salt. Stir until well blended.
3. Add the ground turkey and use a fork, or your fingers, to gently mix until combined. Do not over mix.
4. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions.
5. Wet your hands. Form each turkey portion into a ball around a cube of mozzarella.
6. Place the meatballs on a half sheet pan and bake for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 165°F.
7. While meatballs are baking, prepare the tomato sauce.
8. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat until shimmering. Add the diced onion and dried basil, and sauté for 2 minutes.
9. Add the minced garlic and sauté for one minute.
10. Add the crushed tomatoes and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
11. After removing the meatballs from the oven, transfer to simmering tomato sauce. Stir gently to coat.
12. Sprinkle with Italian parsley and parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
|Serving Size||3 meatballs and about 3/4 cup sauce (shredded parmesan not included in analysis)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 39 g||50 %|
|Saturated fat 13 g||65 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 180 mg||60 %|
|Sodium 1160 mg||50 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 26 g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||14 %|
|Sugars 11 g|
|Protein 38 g|
Vitamin D 6%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|