- How To Cook
- 2 packages Shady Brook Farms® Cheese Stuffed Italian Turkey Meatballs
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa (rinse well with water)
- 1 (16 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Handful of thinly sliced basil
- Recipe and images courtesy of ‘Mom Advice’
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Begin by rinsing your quinoa thoroughly.
3. In a greased 9×13 pan, add the rinsed quinoa to the bottom of the pan.
4. In a sauce pan, heat the spaghetti sauce and chicken broth until hot. Remove from the stovetop and pour the liquid over the quinoa, until it is fully covered.
5. Place meatballs on top of the quinoa and finish with thin slices of mozzarella (you can put them over the meatball or just dabble on top of the dish).
6. Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes. During the last 5-10 minutes, remove the foil to melt the cheese fully.
7. While the dish is baking, pour balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan. Turn heat to medium high and bring vinegar to a boil.
8. Once boiling, reduce to simmer and let simmer for about 10 minutes until vinegar has reduced down. Stir occasionally. When it begins to coat the back of a spoon, you will know that it is fully reduced. Set aside to cool while the casserole bakes.
9. Cook until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F using a meat thermometer.
10. Once your dish is done baking, garnish with thinly sliced basil and your balsamic reduction.
|Serving Size||2 meatballs and about 3/4 cup quinoa|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 21 g||27 %|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40 %|
|Cholesterol 105 mg||35 %|
|Sodium 1030 mg||45 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 37 g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||14 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 31 g|
Vitamin D 0%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|