- How To Cook
- 1 lb Shady Brook Farms® Frozen Mild Italian Ground Turkey Sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 cups of white rice
- 1 1/2 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- Images & recipe courtesy of Ginger Marie Blogs’
1. Sauté Shady Brook Farms® Mild Italian Turkey Sausage until cooked thoroughly.
2. Add vegetables, dry seasonings, and sauces to the meat. Stir until the onions are translucent.
3. Add rice, broth and water. Stir it all up then put the bay leaf on top.
4. If using an instant pot, cover it with the lid and seal, then push the Rice button. If you’re not using an instant pot, bring to a boil then cover with a lid. Reduce to simmer and cook for about 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
5. When rice is tender, the dish is done! Discard the bay leaf, spoon rice into serving dish and VOILA!