- How To Cook
- Cooking spray
- 2 Shady Brook Farms® Traditional Turkey Bratwursts, casings removed
- 1/3 cup diced yellow or white onion
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough, white or whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt
- Brown mustard, optional
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375° F and coat a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Cook the onion until soft, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the bratwurst to the skillet, crumbling and cooking until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the apples and shredded cabbage to the onions and sausage and cook until moist but mostly dry, about 5 inutes. Season to taste with salt.
5. Divide dough into 8 equal pieces, and roll each into a 5-inch square on a floured surface. Place 1/4 cup of filling on each square, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edge. Fold corners into the center and pinch or crimp seams together to seal.
6. Brush the pies with the egg mixture, sprinkle with thyme and salt and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake hand pies until golden brown and crisp, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly and serve with mustard if desired.
Note: hand pies can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated in a toaster oven.
|Serving Size||1 hand pie|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||45|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5 g||8 %|
|Saturated fat 1.5 g||8 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 40 mg||13 %|
|Sodium 610 mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 31 g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 10 g|
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 8%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|