- How To Cook
- 1 package Shady Brook Farms® Hot Italian Turkey Sausage
- Or, 1 package Shady Brook Farms® ground Mild Italian Turkey sausage
- 1 lb. cooked Ziti pasta, or your favorite tube pasta
- 1 (24 oz.) jar of tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Cook pasta and turkey sausage according to package instructions. (Slice turkey sausage links into 1/4 inch pieces before cooking).
3. In a medium saucepan, combine turkey sausage and pasta sauce. Heat thoroughly. Set aside 1 cup for preparation.
4. While sauce and turkey are cooking, combine Ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, egg, dried basil, salt and garlic salt in a bowl. Mix well.
5. Gently fold in the cooked pasta to the cheese mixture.
6. Spread the reserved 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Spread pasta mixture over the top of the sauce.
7. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
8. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14 g||18 %|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 70 mg||23 %|
|Sodium 833 mg||36 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 38 g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 24 g|
Vitamin D 0%
Iron 3 15%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|