- How To Cook
- 1 lb Shady Brook Farms® 93% Ground Turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mild curry powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1 bell pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Juice of one lime
- Red pepper flakes and cilantro, for garnish
- Cooked white jasmine rice
- Recipe & Images courtesy of Heartbeet Kitchen
1. Preheat large saucepan over medium high heat. When hot, add shallots, and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic, ginger, 1/2 tablespoon curry powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir and combine. Then add bell pepper and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
2. Push vegetables to one side of pan. Add turkey, and break up using a wooden spoon or firm spatula. Once cooked through and no pink remains, add remaining 1 tablespoon curry powder and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Stir thoroughly.
3. Then add coconut milk, tamari. Take out a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid, and whisk it with the arrowroot or tapioca starch. Add this mixture back to pan, and stir.
4. Add in zucchini, and spinach. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Serve over warm rice and garnish with red pepper flakes and cilantro.