- How To Cook
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 package (1.25 pounds) Shady Brook Farms® 85/15 Ground Turkey
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Variation: Substitute 1 package (20 ounces) Honeysuckle White® Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage, casings removed, for ground turkey, and omit Italian herbs.
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onions, celery and carrots; cook about 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Transfer to medium-size slow cooker.
4. In the same skillet, crumble turkey in a single layer and stir constantly for 7-8 minutes, or until cooked through and a meat thermometer reads 165° F.
5. Transfer to slow cooker.
6. Pour wine into skillet; simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup.
7. Add wine, chicken broth, tomatoes and Italian herbs to slow cooker; season with salt and pepper.
8. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.
|Serving Size||About 1 cup|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||150|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 17 g||26 %|
|Saturated fat 4.5 g||23 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 85 mg||28 %|
|Sodium 380 mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 15 g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||16 %|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 21 g|
Vitamin A 80%
Vitamin C 25%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|