- How To Cook
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 Shady Brook Farms® Traditional Turkey Bratwursts
- 1 pound small red or yellow potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into about 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into about 1 1/2-inch squares
- Rosemary branches, metal skewers or bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh frisée, optional
1. Combine the mustard, vinegar, olive oil and honey in a bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside about 1/3 of the sauce for basting.
2. Place sausages in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then gently simmer for 10 minutes.
3. When cool enough to handle, cut each sausage into 7 chunks of equal size.
4. Microwave potatoes for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
5. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them into 1-inch pieces and toss them along with the peppers and sausages in the mustard glaze in a large bowl.
6. Thread potatoes, red pepper and sausage chunks onto 8 skewers.
7. Place skewers on a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat; brush with the reserved mustard mixture. Grill and turn until sausages are completely cooked and reach internal temperature of 165° F and red peppers are cooked, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with pepper. Garnish with frisée, if desired.
|Serving Size||2 skewers|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||130|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 15 g||23 %|
|Saturated fat 3.5 g||17 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 70 mg||23 %|
|Sodium 880 mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 26 g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 23 g|
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 120%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|